If you need to write a research paper in biology, you will need to find an interesting and original topic. This won’t be an easy thing to do, because there is already a great deal of research on this subject. However, you can aim to show some of the topics that have already been studied from a unique perspective.
Write about the things you are personally interested in. This will allow you to create a strong and interesting paper that will captivate the audience. You can make a stronger impression if you choose a controversial topic. In this case, be sure to present your arguments in a non-offensive manner.
Explain how the process of aging affects the body on a physiological level. Why do some people become weaker than others? Can the process of overall health deterioration be stopped?
This essay should focus on hormones and enzymes. Explain how various chemical reactions within your body affect your emotional state. Hypothesize whether it can be possible to manipulate a person through various stimulants that will trigger these reactions.
This paper should describe various epidemics that occurred throughout history. Analyze the reasons that caused them and describe the means used to combat them. How did the epidemics affect the society, and what kind of medical research did they trigger? Explain what kinds of preventative means are used to reduce the chances of an epidemic breaking out today.
This is a highly controversial topic, and you will need to be very careful about it. Do some research in order to determine whether genetics can influence people’s sexualities.
There are many examples of people in one family suffering from cancer. Does this mean that the disease is hereditary? How can you reduce the risks of children developing cancer in this case?
This essay should provide a detailed report on the current progress of cloning. Offer your ideas on how to further this line of research. Explain the benefits and dangers of cloning technology.
Some people believe that stem cell research can help cure many diseases, while others see it as a potential disaster. Offer your opinion and solid arguments that prove it.
This paper should focus on various animals and vegetation that live at the bottom of the sea. Describe their peculiarities and explain how studying these can help people.
Some Interesting Biology Research Paper Topic Ideas
When choosing a research paper topic, it’s advised to choose a topic of your interest. However, it is also quite important to know what kind of people are going to read it. Here are some interesting topics that you may want to research on. I advise on writing on issues that are currently affecting the people.
- Obesity and genetics – In this topic, you may want to research on what type of genes are most likely to suffer obesity and why it is so. If any, what can be done to prevent this from happening to future generations?
- Effects of Abortions on future pregnancies – This topic is quite interesting and might prove interesting and enlightening.
- Homosexuality and genetics – It may seem quite far fetched, but some research has been carried out on this. It would be interesting to cover what type of genes are responsible for heterosexuality, homosexuality and mainly forgotten bisexuality.
- Biological weapons: could Ebola be used as a biological weapon?
- Do alternative medicines really work? – Cover the scientific bit of the herbs and modern medicine, and see which is most likely to work better.
- Relation between vaccines and autism in infants
- Birth control: Health effects of birth control pills and menstruation control pills
- Cancer: Cancer and the environment - What could cause cancer in our natural environment? Or what activities do we carry out that could cause cancerous growth?
- Where did humans originate? - This is a good topic and you could dive into various theories.
- Genetic diseases – Look into genetic diseases like Down syndrome and sickle cell anemia. You can look at either or both of them under the general topic.
- Meningitis: Researching on this mystery that continues to puzzle till now.
- Nanotechnology: Taking a look at nanotechnology, its advantages and disadvantages and if it is applicable in our lives.
- Phobias: A deep dive into the human brain as you try to figure out what causes phobias and if there is a scientific way of dealing with the phobias.
- Hypnosis: Biological angle to hypnosis. Is it really possible or is this all on your head?
- Sleep: Its advantages and what would happen if one does so a lot? Sleeping disorders and their possible cures/treatments.