DOWNLOAD A SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Applications can be filed electronically to email@example.com (this includes completed application form, letters of recommendation, and other supporting materials)
- Official transcripts may be mailed to:
The NSPE Auxiliary Legacy Scholarship
1420 King St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
The NSPE Educational Foundation Auxiliary Legacy Scholarship is awarded annually to a female undergraduate entering the junior year of a four-year ABET-accredited engineering program.
The scholarship is awarded in one disbursement of $2,500 at the beginning of the junior year.
Applicant must be an NSPE Member/Student Member who is:
- A female;
- Enrolled in a four-year ABET-accredited engineering program;
- Entering the junior year of the program;
- A U.S. citizen
- Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Grade point average;
- Internship/co-op experience and involvement in other activities;
- Two faculty recommendation(s);
- Honors/scholarships/awards beginning in high school senior year;
- A 500 word (maximum) essay on your "Engineering Career Goals & Aspirations to Achieve Them."
Required Application Materials
- Applications must include the following:
- A completed application form with the NSPE Student Member number;
- A transcript, to date;
- A resume or summary of internship/co-op experience(s) and involvement in other activities;
- Recommendations from two faculty members who have taught the applicant ;
- A 500-word (maximum) essay on your "Engineering Career Goals & Aspirations to Achieve Them.
- The scholarship award will be disbursed to the recipient's school in one installment at the beginning of the fall semester of the junior year.
- Upon completion of the degree, the winner will be asked to submit to the NSPE Educational Foundation Trustees a report on the value of the NSPE support and their objectives regarding professional development, ethical practice, and licensure.
- The NSPE Educational Foundation Auxiliary Legacy Scholarship winner will forfeit receipt of the scholarship award if the recipient does not complete the year as agreed.
PurposeTo provide an incentive to engineering undergraduate students enrolled in colleges and universities in the United States with recognized engineering programs to choose nondestructive testing and evaluation as their field of specialization. The Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship is a monetary award.
EligibilityUndergraduate students enrolled in colleges and universities in the United States with recognized engineering department programs at the time the application is submitted for this scholarship. Each potential candidate for this award must show their anticipated graduation date to be later that the date the award funds are to be distributed. Each potential candidate must also show an active interest in the field of nondestructive testing and evaluation.
Students applying for the Award must submit the following:
- Completed application form – signed by applicant & school official;
DOWNLOAD: Engineering Undergraduate Application Form
- Outline of student’s program of study;
- Official school transcript showing all completed coursework;
- Three individual letters of recommendation, signed by three faculty members; and,
- Student’s original essay describing how he/she envisions the role of NDE/NDT in his/her career.
Click Here to Submit Your Nomination Online
* Materials must now be submitted electronically. Refer to the link at the bottom of the page.
- Completed application form – signed by the Administrative Officer (department head or chairman), or his/her designee, of the program in which candidate is enrolled. (download form below)
- Outline of student’s program of study;
- Official school transcript showing all completed coursework; if educational institution will submit electronically then have them submit the transcript to ASNT using the webpage for submission of application; if educational institution does not submit transcripts electronically then mail transcript to ASNT HQ Contact Information below.
- Three letters of recommendation, signed by separate faculty members; and,
- Student’s original essay describing how he/she envisions the role of NDE/NDT in his/her studies and career.
Method of Selection
The Financial Awards Committee selects up to three $3,000 scholarships each year, pending merit and number of submissions.
- Announcements are made in the: August Issue of Materials Evaluation
- Application deadline: 15 December (ASNT office is closed Saturdays and Sundays)
- The Financial Awards Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- Recipients will be notified following the Research Symposium
- Funds will be made available in: July
- Awards will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
Form of Award$3,000 in funding and Certificate in Walnut Frame
*Recipients who are not members of ASNT will also be given a complimentary one (1) year student membership.
Current Award Recipient(s)
*Recipient Biographies will be published in the June 2017 Issue of Materials Evaluation
Past Award RecipientsPast Engineering Undergraduate Award Recipients
Awards and Honors Program
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 233 Fax: 614-274-6899